257 South 5th Street
Bank was formerly located at 52 Broadway (southwest corner of Wythe). John Mollenhauer (sugar refiner) was president from 1897 to 1903. Bank was incorporated April 19, 1864. First home was the basement of the Williamsburgh Savings Bank. Within a couple of years, it had relocated to 3-5 Broadway. By about 1874, the bank had erected its own building at 52 Broadway. Indiana limestone on a granite base.1
- 1. "New Bank Building on E.D. Bridge Plaza", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, February 2, 1908, 46.