North Side Bank (Havemeyer Street)

North Side Bank (Havemeyer Street)

In 1912, bank buys property on Havemeyer, with plans to relocate Broadway/Lorimer branch. Eventually planned to replace Grand Street building as the bank's headquarters.1 By the time of the opening, the bank had officially decided to make the Havemeyer building its headquarters and the Grand Street building was relegated to branch status. Directors in 1913 include Horace Havemeyer and Lewis E. Pierson (president of Austin, Nichols & Co.).2 New building application #1566-12.3

  • 1. "Organize Holding Company", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, January 19, 1912, 16.
  • 2. "New North Side Bank", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, January 11, 1913, 24.
  • 3. "Plans Filed for New Construction Work", Real Estate Record and Builders' Guide, March 30, 1912, 662.
Year
1912
NB#
1566
Building type
bank
Address

223 Havemeyer Street
11211 NY
United States

Owner name
North Side Holding Co.
Owner address
180 Montague Street
stories
2
Material
Building Images
Bldg Geofield

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…